React Front-End Developer
Reporting to: Development Manager
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
We’re looking for a react front-end developer to learn VTEX Commerce Platform. Your role will consist of developing e-commerce sites for our customers. We will teach you how to develop with the VTEX commerce platforms.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop e-commerce UI based on provided designs or mockups
- Modify existing UI to meet the client’s requirements
- Add new UI components that can be customised by the client through the platform Site Editor
- Code is driven for performance, quality, and SEO
- Write accessible HTML code that meets WCAG 2.0 Level AA criteria
- Ensure that your code works in every browser and device required by the customer
- Use a continuous improvement approach, refactoring code when needed and reducing technical debt
- Keep the project’s documentation up-to-date
- Use SAFe (Agile), GitFlow, and Pivotree’s CI/CD workflow in all the development process
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies and have a proactive attitude
- Support the QA team during the testing process
- Keep your HTML, CSS, and JS knowledge up-to-date
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Asynchronous Programming
- At least 2 years experience in building user interfaces using HTML 5, CSS 3, and consuming JSON web services via AJAX.
- Experience with precompiled CSS using LESS or SASS, and front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, Tachyons
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
- Degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology, Graphic Design or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with NodeJs and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Jest
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Angular, VUE, Python
- Experience with UX/UI design and Tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, XD or similar
- Experience building accessible sites (WCAG 2 AA)
- Experience with modern development tools like Babel and Webpack