Seasonal Sugar Tester - Benziger
The Seasonal Sugar Tester reports to the Grower Relations Field Representative and requires significant travel to a wide variety of vineyards. Collecting grape samples and performing basic analysis during the Harvest Season. This is a part-time, seasonal position from appx. mid-July through October.
*Additional Stay Pay Bonus opportunity for staying the entire harvest season!*
- Collecting Grape Samples at various vineyards
- Grape Maturity analysis and/or sample preparation
- Deliver Grape sample to lab daily
- Vineyard and grape health monitoring
- Provide support to lab personnel as needed
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire
- Experience, a plus
- Basic Math Skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be dependable and flexible to work varying shifts, overtime, and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation (You will receive mileage reimbursement)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Support and model all company procedures and policies Embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group’s Values, Long-Term sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial People, and Responsible and Trustworthy
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Position requires significant travel between vineyards
- Must be able to walk and/or drive for long periods of time
- Primary work activities are in the environment elements
- Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
- May be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, farming chemicals and fertilizers
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Vineyard Ops/Grower Relations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Required Education High School
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America