Hospitality Associate - Events Setup
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Under the direction of the Events Manager, the Hospitality Associate is responsible for event set up and breakdown, assisting with opening and closing procedures, daily cleaning, hospitality inventory management and more. Additionally, this position is responsible for assisting with duties throughout the property and in other departments as needed. This is a part-time position, up to 32 hours per week.
- Set tables, chairs, linens, wine glasses etc. for daily reservations/events per BEO
- Pull wine and other supplies in preparation for daily reservations/event
- Breakdown and clean up event spaces upon conclusion
- Responsible for the upkeep of event spaces and light janitorial such as washing/buffing glassware, laundering linens, dusting, etc.
- Assist in routine cleaning of indoor and outdoor event spaces, and ensure areas are presentable for our patrons
- Garbage removal, running dishwasher, buffing wine glasses and other related duties
- Assist with execution of events which include pouring wine, greeting guests, adhering to event timeline
- Greeting and checking in guest for daily reservations; relaying company policies
- Assist with packaging and delivering wine order pick-ups facilitated in the parking lots
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service always
- Track Hospitality supplies inventory; receive and store supplies
- Maintain and clean storage areas and service station throughout shift
- Manage organization and cleanliness of employee kitchen and break room
- Prep, set up and break down internal meetings, lunches, coffee service etc.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up with communication of the events team and work in a fast pace environment
- Must be flexible in working weekend/special events, holidays
- Experience in hospitality industry, preferably in a tasting room, event or restaurant capacity is desirable
- Customer service experience preferred
- Must have ability to be ServSafe certified
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Ability to regularly work with cleaning supplies
- Demonstrate reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Ability to frequently move, transport and position objects weighing up to 40 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to move, traverse, and/or position one’s self in the performance of various tasks
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time
- Ability to work in indoor and outdoor environments
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America