Trade and Hospitality Events Coordinator - Benziger Family Winery
1883 London Ranch Rd, Glen Ellen, CA 95442, USA Req #1172
Thursday, April 21, 2022
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Reporting to the Hospitality and Events Manager, this position ensures Hospitality and Sales related events and activities are planned and executed while impeccably promoting the message and imagery of both wineries to all customers and guests. This professional and personable position also works closely with our distributors, sales representatives and other members of the wine industry. The Trade and Hospitality Event Coordinator is responsible for (a) coordination of Trade and VIP visits; (b) maintaining the Hospitality calendar; (c) and providing administrative support for the Hospitality and Sales departments. The ideal candidate will have event coordination type experience as well as administrative experience.
- Coordinates Trade and VIP visitors to Benziger and Imagery properties, and assists with event details and staff assignments as per the demands of the schedule with both Hospitality and The Wine Group Sales Teams
- Maintains and coordinates the master Hospitality Calendar. Provides confirmation notification to all visitors and distributes and communicates the calendar to all related departments
- Provides administrative support for the Management team, Hospitality Department, and The Wine Group Sales Team
- Schedules and sends confirmations and/or updates for VIP lunch and dinner requests, VIP Tours and Tasting requests for Trade and VIP guests
- Support The Wine Group Sales Team by assisting with customer account and distributor inquiries
- Ensures all visitor and event information is accurately entered and maintained in the calendar system
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of company meetings and events including but not limited to contracting Caterers, ordering lunches, coordinating rentals, etc.
- Generates and distributes the Hospitality Calendar to all relative Departments
- Produces monthly reports for internal billing purposes
- Creates BEO and event layouts for service and install with enough lead time before events
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- College degree preferred; administrative experience of 1-3 years
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Calendar program
- Highly detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of superior guest service and hospitality
- Must be able to multitask efficiently and remain flexible while working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for fine wines and sustainable environmental practices
- Service Experience Preferred and/or willingness to train on wine service
- Demonstrates initiative, responsibility, enthusiasm, and patience
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work with under minimum supervision and as a member of a team
- Work environment for this position is at a typical workstation working on a computer and on the telephone (60%). The remaining 40% of the workday will be spent walking around the winery to meet with other departments, setting up for VIP guests and overseeing events/meetings
- The regular work schedule for this position is Sunday-Thursday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, with flexibility to work alternative hours and days of the week when required
- Occasional weekend and evening work is required for special events
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds and be qualified to drive a company vehicle
- Ability to frequently move, transport and position objects weighing up to 40 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to move, traverse, and/or position one’s self in the performance of various tasks
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time
- Ability to work in indoor and outdoor environments
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Administrative Support
- Job Function Cross-Fun
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1883 London Ranch Rd, Glen Ellen, CA 95442, USA