Cellar Crew 2 - Benziger Family Winery
The Cellar Crew 2 is a key member of our team that actively participates in all aspects of wine production. Must be able to perform most cellar tasks responsibly and safely with little supervision. That includes equipment sanitation, wine transfer, barrel work and driving forklift. This position will also assist with our bottling operations. This is a great opportunity to participate in a safe, fast paced, fun work environment while contributing to make wonderful wines.
- Able to read, understand and complete paperwork efficiently and accurately
- Racking and blending wine accurately according to Winemaker’s instructions
- Wine additions to tank and barrels
- Barrel washing, gassing, stacking with forklift and barrel topping and SO2 addition.
- Proficient forklift operation including bottling line and loading/unloading grape bins.
- Tank and equipment cleaning and sanitation
- General cellar and bottling line housekeeping
- Perform as weigh master when needed
- Operate crush equipment
- Performs pump overs and punch downs
- Harvest additions including yeasting, nutrients
- Train harvest seasonal crew in cellar procedures
- Operates moderately complex cellar equipment.
- Assist in the maintenance of winery equipment
- Shipping and receiving of tanker trucks
- Assist with bottling operations, including dumping glass, packing, palletizing, and driving forklift.
- Assist with bottling line change overs when needed.
- Always maintain clean and healthful work environment
- Always follow TWG safe work practices and actively contribute to improve the safety of our workplace.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire
- 3+ years of experience in a winery, production, or manufacturing environment preferred
- Previous experience in all aspects of crush work and previous barrel experience preferred
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand instructions in English
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on safety, quality, accuracy, and timeliness
- Must be flexible with shift schedule
- Operation of basic hand tools
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations, operating procedures, and company policies
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in a production environment
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 60 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America