Warehouse - VMI Specialist
Do you have a high attention to detail? Are you hard working and want an opportunity for growth? Do you want to be part of a profitable, expanding business?
If so, Buttes Supply, a division of Hajoca Corporation, would like you to join our team as a Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Warehouse Specialist in the greater Sacramento area.
This position pays competitively and will guarantee you a $3,000 bonus in March 2022. This bonus is paid out of our "profit sharing" and can increase substantially, depending on your buy-in and ability to contribute to our team.
Our team at Buttes has been servicing the Sacramento community for over 30 years offering the very best in plumbing, industrial, heating and air supplies. And with over 450 locations, Hajoca Corp. has been servicing the nation since 1858! We are the nation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of said products. Emphasis on the private, because there are no share holders or corporate decision makers here. We are empowered to create our own business model, and set our own goals, in our market.
A VMI Warehouse Specialist is an individual contributor that spends most or all of their time at a customer site. You are the face of our business and are expected to possess excellent customer service qualities. Likewise, this position performs the physical tasks involved in transferring, storing, pulling, and staging of products and equipment. Is responsible for safety of the public while operating company vehicles and equipment. Follows ours and the customer’s guidelines. Works in a fast paced environment, servicing 80+ customer employees. Communicates in-person and online with the employee base daily, to assure the customer is successful in their trade. Carries themselves professionally at all times to represent our company well. Last, this position can lead to VMI Manager, or being a key contributor at our primary location in North Highlands, CA.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unloads, receives and puts away incoming product and equipment; checks for damage and for discrepancies.
- Accurately sorts, labels, moves and stores items; places material or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence of product codes; arranges storage to optimize crib space.
- Stages product and equipment for site employees; documents and maintains accurate records for invoicing.
- Utilize a barcode scanner and/or online system to invoice, correct inventory counts and/or location maintenance.
- Requests requisitions to replenish inventory.
- Recommends changes to the customer inventory levels based on usage.
- Maintains awareness of min/max, reorder point/quantity and reports observations back to management.
- Assist in the inventory (cycle) counts on consigned customer sites.
- Communicate order details to a large amount of technicians on a daily basis, in-person and online.
Education requirement: High School diploma (GED) and a minimum of 1 year of relevant warehouse experience. Relevant experience should include:
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to get the job done correctly and in a timely manner.
- Possess a proactive and positive team approach to problem resolution.
- Must have the ability to establish strong working relationships with customers, co-workers and management
- Customer service experience preferred.
- VMI experience preferred.
- Knowledge of company products preferred.
- Ability to represent company in a professional manner.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
- Required to properly operate and control a motor vehicle and/or forklift; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Sitting, standing, walking, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying multiple times per shift, fingering, talking, hearing, and seeing.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; must have the ability to handle physical inventory that requires hand dexterity. Pallet jack, dolly and carts are provided to assist.
- May work in extreme hot or cold environments; various facilities may have dusty conditions.
- Annual Profit Sharing - $3,000 guaranteed in March 2022
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage
- 401(k) and retirement cash account
- Life Insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- North Highlands, CA, USA